Monday, January 4, 2021

The MOST Important INGREDIENT in Marketing

 



What do you think is the MOST important ingredient* in marketing?

Decades ago, before I became born again, I had no idea.

I sort of created my own "brand" of marketing.

After GOD made me born again (16 months ago), finally I knew what really mattered.

It's JESUS we need.

BEFORE I became born again, I only had faith.

Faith in self.

In my own thinking.

In my own creativity.

In my product or service.

And in loyal customers.

My marketing was simple and straightforward.

The product or service had to stand on its own merits.

I didn't feel comfortable manipulating anything.

The product or service had to be true to form.

Nothing slick, modified, or misleading.

If it wasn't good, why should I be selling it?

I only sold what I wanted to sell.

I sold what I believe in.

I sold what people wanted.

I didn't want people to get addicted.

Neither would I over-price anything.

I wasn't interested in market share.

Mercifully, people liked whatever I sold.

If you're in marketing, you're a salesman.

There's honor in it, if you don't fool people.

It's really time to put values in our marketing, and live by sound principles.

The world is drowning in stuff people don't need, or want, just so we'd make a buck ourselves.

Can we live without that old way of thinking?

AFTER I became born again, CHRIST became the leader I followed -- in EVERYTHING.

Everything had to be "judged" according to His will.

I started veering away, more and more, from the ways of the world.

For I knew, these things were of the prince of the world, who is definitely NOT Jesus.

Now that I'm CHRIST's own, I sound the warnings against doing the old kind of marketing, for it doesn't do well for the soul.

Mark 8:36 

King James Version

36 For what shall it profit a man, 

if he shall gain the whole world, 

and lose his own soul?


For 16 months now, I've stepped up that warning, for the times  are of great urgency.

We may not have the luxury of time.

I wrote about that here.

You've got today, this moment, to search your heart, to be GOD's own.

Take that 180-degree. 

Pray to JESUS, for clarity.

Let the LORD tell you what to do.

He knows every bit of your heart.

And watch what happens.

Your life -- and marketing -- will shift.

Radically.

Automatically.

Are you ready for such a change?

With CHRIST, you will be where you need to be, doing what you need to do, and not causing others harm.

It's the best way to start each day.


*NOTE: At first, I was hesitant to use the word "ingredient" for JESUS, but then I realized, the LORD is the "Living Water and the Bread of Life". So, I left the title as is.


Updated 19 June 2022